Tuesday, April 10, 2007

CUNY & WAM

When I started this blog, my profile included the words “ Help a sister, make her journalistic dreams come true.” Dreaming, hard work and persistence really work. I started blogging in 2005 with the intention of having a place to post stories in hopes that it could be a tool in which to get published, make connections with other writers and be apart of the blogosphere conversation. CUNY Graduate School of Journalism thinks I have the right stuff and have invited me to join the second class of the school which opened its doors in September 2006. The first class is half way through the program.

I received the news on the way to the Women, Action & Media conference held at MIT by the Center for New Words. I’m still high on the premium fuel pumped in by the tremendously informative, spiritual and networking event that it was. Can't wait to blog more about it.

No comments: